Maison Mazant is located in New Orleans’ hip Bywater neighborhood, 2 miles downriver from the middle of the world famous French Quarter and only 2 blocks from the Mississippi River with the recently opened Crescent Riverfront Park. In the immediate neighborhood:
- Vaughn’s Lounge (2 blocks)
- Bacchanal Wine: Wine, Food, Music (3 blocks)
- The Joint, New Orleans’ most beloved BBQ joint (1/2 block)
- Jack Dempsey’s Seafood Restaurant (2 blocks)
- Elizabeth’s Restaurant (7 blocks)
- Pizza Delicious (8 blocks)
- Louisa Street, Bywater’s center, with 6 restaurants and The Country Club (9 blocks)
The Frenchmen Street music scene of the Faubourg Marigny is a little less than 1.5 miles and perfect for biking. The middle of the French Quarter, including the bar scene of Bourbon Street is 2 miles from the B&B.
The Marigny/Bywater Bus (#5, see norta.com) stops 1 block from Maison Mazant and takes you to Canal St. via the riverside of the French Quarter every 45 minutes from approx. 7 a.m. until 6 p.m. The St. Claude Bus #88 stops 4 blocks from Maison Mazant and takes you to Canal St. via the lakeside of the French Quarter every 15 minutes during the daytime and less often in the evening. A daily pass for all public transportation costs $3.
Many people bike between the Bywater and the French Quarter. There are several bicycle rental shops in the area. Cost is approx. $25 per day.
If you have a car, parking is free and easy in the Bywater, and you can usually find a free parking space in the Marigny within walking distance to the French Quarter.